Thursday, November 11, 2010

Galapagos Journal Entry #4 - Dr Ponder Has Arrived

The adventure is finally underway! After a long day of travel from Minnesota, I am settled in Quito, Ecuador, for the night. A relatively uneventful trip – a few delays and some rough air, but nothing that could possibly dampen my excitement. As always when I travel by air, I was struck by the magnitude of the human footprint on the world. It is just so unbelievable to look down and see how much impact we have had. But this time, there was a twist. While I recognize that there is truly no untouched place left on this planet, I am headed to one of the most pristine places in the world. We should all be grateful for Ecuador’s strong commitment to conserving such a treasure. And, we should help where we can, because it matters.

Tomorrow – GALAPAGOS!

Note from TRC: We will continue to post Dr. Ponder's adventures as she is able to get information to us. For background on this project, please visit our website at www.TheRaptorCenter.org. Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment